What is FormWork in construction?
Formwork is the mould to shape the concrete structure. Good concrete cannot be made from a poor mould; thus formwork is very important in producing good concrete. Besides that, it has to be designed to take the concrete load and the working load generated from workers and plant.
- Correct position
- Line and level
- Accuracy within permitted tolerances
- Shape of members
- Verticality (plumb)
- Correct angles for batters etc.
- Finishing heights (mark off)
- Formwork joints flush and tight
- No nails protruding into the concrete
- Formwork joints sealed as required
- Construction joints strutted and supported
All the above formwork was supported with the following false work and other materials
- GI pipes, concrete & wire nails
- Form ties (to tie the separates and GI pipes)
- Separates (thread bar & P cone)
- Pipe supports and “T”,”U” jacks
- adjustable steel props, mould oil (diesel & grease)